8:00AM - Registration opens
9:00AM - Producer & Chairperson’s Conference Welcome
Tania Ferreira, Senior Conference Producer, Bonhill Group
THE NEW ASSET MANAGEMENT LANDSCAPE
9:10am FIRESIDE CHAT: Honey, we’ve shrunk the asset management industry
- How do we manage the volatile state of the market?
- Cutting rates – what does the future look like? What do we do?
- How do we support smaller players to maintain healthy competition in the market?
- In a time of fee pressure and consolidation, how do you survive?
- How do you make your career in a shrinking market work?
9:40am PANEL DISCUSSION or PRESENTATION: It’s Tech Time!
- Is the asset management industry late to the tech game?
- Addressing the importance of being proactive and not reactive with technology in light of global challenges
- Which asset management firms are ‘swimming’ and what have they done differently?
- Learns learned from agile FinTech innovators and how they adapted in this pandemic
- Where do quant tools play a part and how to use them effectively
- How can it support a changing working environment?
- What tech and company policies have now been put in place?
- How have peer perceptions changed and how are we managing this change?
10:30am Morning Break & Speed Networking
MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND COMPLIANCE
11:30am FIRESIDE CHAT: The product and service evolution
- Adjusting to the ‘new norm’ – re-evaluating investment patterns, and clients concerns, wants and needs
- How do you as an investor make a difference?
- Aligning your companies with the changing demands of the client base and responding to a crisis
- Doing your homework and actively looking for diverse companies and ‘for good causes’ to invest in
- Post-COVID, where do we see the market and what do you foresee as the new products? Will it revert, or will there be a ‘reinvention’?
12:00pm PRESENTATION: Focusing on ESG compliance and how to measure it
- Why ESG should remain a priority even in a crisis – external perceptions
- What are considered the KPIs and how do you know they are being met
- What if a company is only really focusing on one element of E.S.G, e.g. climate? What about the rest? Do they pass ESG compliance?
- Now more than ever, we need to raise social as part of ESG efforts – how
- Challenging companies on greenwashing – who is responsible for calling them out?
12:15PM PRESENTATION & FIRESIDE CHAT: Finding your digital voice
- Discussing the differences between your physical and digital voice
- Why do some thrive in one or the other environment? How can you master both?
- Did you uphold your visibility as a leader within your organizations?
FIRESIDE CHAT: Encouraging your team to find their voices
- During covid-19, how did your team members responded and adapt? Were there surprises? Did individuals find a ‘new’ voice?
- Who thrived and why?
- Have new management styles been adopted? Is there a new team dynamic?
- Post covid-19, have these individuals regressed to old habits?
- How as leaders can you continue to develop your voice and that of those around you in physical or digital settings?
12:40PM PRESENTATION: Performance Optimization – becoming the ‘new and improved’ asset manager
- Reviewing the increased responsibilities and pressures felt by asset manager during this pandemic
- Identifying the skills most called for and why
- What did you have to learn during this experience? What worked and what did not?
- Where did you find helpful resources? What support did you receive?
- What is next? How will you put this experience to further use?
1:15PM Networking Lunch with topic led roundtables
Attendees are welcome to join the topic-specific discussions with like-minded industry peers. Enjoy your lunch whilst discussing topics such as: Imposter Syndrome; Brand Building; Mentorship; Negotiation; and Behavioral Finance.
TALENT, RECRUITMENT AND RETENTION
2:15PM FIRESIDE CHAT: Responding to a workplace and workforce in crisis
- Quantifying the impact of the pandemic on the workforce
- Evaluating the impacts and perceptions regarding layoffs, furloughs, reduced pay, and forced sabbaticals and annual leave
- How have these measures impacted employees and employers alike?
- Post-pandemic – what did companies do first? What happened to the people?
- How do you regain trust, loyalty and move forward?
2:45PM PANEL DISCUSSION: We need talent now - where do we find it?
There continues to be a shortage of diverse talent in the industry and that the root of this problem starts in schools where students decide not to pursue STEM subjects, however, the industry needs a solution to their pipeline problem right now!
- Establishing what leaders/companies should be looking for in a candidate
– What new skills are now in need? Are we looking for technologists instead?
– Have the required skills changed in light of the pandemic? What are we looking for now?
- Identifying ‘untapped’ pools of talent and why they are great candidates for your teams
- Where can we find potential candidates with work experience
– What about returners, existing employees, industry converters, veterans, etc.?
3:30PM Welcome to our special guests!
3:40PM PRESENTATION & ROUNDTABLES: How to connect with our future talent
- You can’t recruit and motivate future talent if you do not understand ‘what makes them tick’
- How to avoid common recruitment mistakes and truly connect with candidates
- The importance of explaining roles and career opportunities
ROUNDTABLES: Securing our future finance talent – your moment to give back Educating, inspiring and nurturing the future talent pool to pursue finance subjects is key to overcoming the deficit we are currently facing. During these roundtables, our attendees and speaker will be joined by students from local schools and graduates to discuss:
- The perception, concerns and doubts regarding the finance world
- Why our speakers and attendees enjoy the roles and the industry they are working in
- The benefits and important roles female professionals play in our futures
- How our asset management leaders can do more to support change initiatives o Discussing the next steps and continuity – Internships; training programs; mentorship.
- What will be the “after care” of the session for everyone
- Signing up to initiatives now; volunteering time; mentoring; teaching – what is the action?
All delegates and speakers are invited to participate
4:25PM SUMMIT ROUND-UP: Feedback and your pledge
- Discussing the key takeaways from this inaugural summit
- What topics would you like to hear about at the WIAM NY 2021 Summit
- Tweet your pledge: Making your pledge for change o Given the content and insights shared, attendees are asked to pledge an act of change. o What actionable takeaway will you do first?
4:30PM End of Summit
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
6:30PM WOMEN IN ASSET MANAGEMENT AWARDS
6:30pm Drinks reception
7:30pm Welcome and keynote address 8:00pm Dinner is served
9:15pm Award winners announced
10:00pm Networking drinks